12.05.2009

Now that it's been a few days...

So the grand total of days without cannabis is looking to be about a week thus far. I'm not entirely sure of the last time I turned on my vaporizer but I can assure you it's been a while, I know for sure I haven't had access to any since I started this blog which was a week ago.

So first impressions - my back hurts immensely. It seems to be getting worse every day. I'm also beginning to feel a lot of muscle pain around my chest that I haven't noticed before, it's also getting worse each day. I'm hoping the pain hits a peak sometime soon or I'm not sure how long this study of mine is going to be able to go for. Next up is I'm noticing I'm wheezing and generally coughing a lot more. I haven't been able to clear up nearly as much mucous as before, and it's definitely starting to affect me after a week. I've also been having a really rough time laying down a concrete sleep schedule. One night I wont be able to sleep at all, then the next I'll sleep for 15 hours, then the next day I'll sleep on and off for a half-hour at a time throughout the day; You get the idea. The lack of a sleep schedule in turn has thrown me for a loop, I've noticed a drop in concentration levels- I get distracted really easily and it's hard to do anything productive without zoning out or getting my thoughts in a mess. As for what I thought would be the main factor, my weight, it hasn't really moved much at all- although I think that may be mostly because I just received my shipment of meal supplement drinks in the mail about 3-4 days ago and I've been trying to knock those back pretty regularly.

I'm not feeling too up to writing much more today; I'm sore, tired, and just not really in the mood to blog. But I'll make sure to keep you posted on how this goes, and if I do end up caving in the end.

Breathe easy,
-Ryan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just came across your site.
I am in my 40's with CF, lousy lung function. I have lost 15 pounds, and my CF Doc has prescribed MJ for my appetite.

I have Vaped twice now (Extreme Vape seems great!), and have been very pleasantly surprised by the immediate effects on my lungs.

I am very curious to know if vapour has been studied for it's effects on asthmatics or other lungs diseased subjects. Seems like it really relaxes my lungs.

Also, my O2 doesn't change by itself, but by 'tuning in' to my breath, I seem to be able to alter it while under the influence.

Anyway, mighty impressed by your post, and your efforts. This is where science started, all those years ago!

A said...

Hey, Great site. I am from NS and also have CF. My weight has been dropping for the last year along with my lung functions and I"m tired of being on antibiotics 24/7 so I've started researching cannabis.
There is a serious lack of scientific research on the subject, all I could find is all funded by the medical marijuana websites so I feel that they are pretty bias.
Anyways, I hope some new research becomes available and in the meantime, good luck with the experiment!